From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 11:48 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Telemetry

OOPS,

Apparently I never wrote it into the spec, just asuemd everyone agreed it made sense.

So I did add it to the APRS1.2 page in April of this year.

See spec additions:  http://aprs.org/aprs12.html

THe original spec was clearly defined as 5 channels of fixed 3 digit values.  It became obvious that 000-999 also fit within the fields and so it made no sense to limit values to 000-255

Bob

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:42 PM Robert Bruninga via groups.io <bruninga=usna.edu@groups.io> wrote:

All of my APRS satellites have assumed that 000-999 is perfectly legit in the standard telemetry format.

And other telemetry projects of mine.  I think I changed the spec in about 2004, though AE5PL refuses to acknowledge it in his decoders.

'bob

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 6:09 PM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Nope.  I don't remember that, but Hessu has proposed extending beyond
the 0-255 values and there's also a Mic-E version of telemetry that goes
directly in the position packet comment.

Do you have a reference for Bob's proposal?

On 10/13/2020 5:12 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
> Hi Lynn,
>
> It seems not that long ago that Bob, WB4APR, mentioned a possibility to have
> more telemetry by flipping a bit in the packet. Did you see the post and
> have you done anything to possibly support it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Fred N7FMH

Avast logo