Re: Telemetry

Robert Bruninga

OOPS,
Apparently I never wrote it into the spec, just asuemd everyone agreed it made sense.
So I did add it to the APRS1.2 page in April of this year.
See spec additions:  http://aprs.org/aprs12.html
THe original spec was clearly defined as 5 channels of fixed 3 digit values.  It became obvious that 000-999 also fit within the fields and so it made no sense to limit values to 000-255

Bob

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:42 PM Robert Bruninga via groups.io <bruninga=usna.edu@groups.io> wrote:
All of my APRS satellites have assumed that 000-999 is perfectly legit in the standard telemetry format.
And other telemetry projects of mine.  I think I changed the spec in about 2004, though AE5PL refuses to acknowledge it in his decoders.
'bob

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 6:09 PM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:
Nope.  I don't remember that, but Hessu has proposed extending beyond
the 0-255 values and there's also a Mic-E version of telemetry that goes
directly in the position packet comment.

Do you have a reference for Bob's proposal?