Re: HF iGate Verification

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 14:10:04 -0700, John Brent - VA7WPN <john.brent@...> wrote:

Good afternoon,

Our local club has been working on getting our HF iGate setup. So far we have some success, and were very happy with that, but we want to continue to improve and expand the capability. We have been able to track a number of other HF APRS stations on 10.147.60Mhz @ 300 baud, across Canada and the US. So we KNOW there is activity on the band, and that were not th only ones using it.

We are gating to and from IS. We can see that on our APRS.FI page, so there is a level of success. But, we want to make sure that were setup appropriatly, and being responcible at the same time. We want to provide this support to everyone on 30m, We know there is activity, but we need to spread the word.

Are there any others who are running 30m APRS stations or iGates here? Can we build some mutual support?

Thank you,

John Brent
 VA7WPN

Hullo John,

Stephen has a very useful page for HF use and it includes some material on gating.

http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm

Cheers es 73, John

J.D. Erskine
VA7OTC etc