Re: Connect with Kenwood D700A

Lynn Deffenbaugh

APRSIS32 only supports the D710 in APRS mode, not the D700.

On 9/29/2020 9:31 AM, ve6tdx wrote:
Try setting it to aprs12

On Tue., Sep. 29, 2020, 07:20 Joseph LaFerla, <joe@...> wrote:
I am trying to connect my Kenwood D700A with aprsisce and can successfully receive packets from aprs.  However I cannot transmit.  At least nothing happens when I hit the transmit button on the toolbar.  I have set up the port correctly and transmit is enabled in the settings.  The port is a simply kiss port.  I used to use aprsisce with my other radio (non kenwood) before and it worked fine so I suspect some setting in the kenwood.  The D700a is set to tnc pkt but I tried it with tnc aprs and it still did not work.

Any thoughts would be welcome.  Thanks.

Joe VA3JLF