Re: Connect with Kenwood D700A

Min

Hi Joe

I have the same setup and the interface can be a pain.

Make sure you have the correct driver if your using a USB to 9 pin D connector (some use a Prolific Chip and you may need to find a driver from 2007)

Try here  https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_Drivers.php

You may have to unplug the USB and re plug it to get the Kenwood to suddenly fire up… plug USB port in wait a few seconds and see if the CON sign comes on the radio, then you can try the TX.

This has to be done each time PC is shut down or USB unplugged.

Radio has to be in TNC Pack mode.

Good luck

Min G0JMS