Re: Passcode for Gary N Evans; KO4LAX

David Shrum

I'm sure one of the admins in this group has a link to the Wiki that will tell you that the only ones that are supposed to 'give out' pass codes is the owner of the program. That prevents hopefully the unauthorised use of ham frequencies, I in the past shared a link to one of those sites and was made aware of that fact.
 Dave N8PU

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:39 AM Rob J. <kd2grs@...> wrote:
Steve,

I don't know Gary so I can't directly help you. But a tidbit of information on passcodes that might be of interest to others in the group. The algorithm to generate a passcode is nothing secret or special. You don't kneed to "apply" to anyone for a passcode, any site or service that needs a passcode uses the same passcode,  there is no approval process, the FCC is not involved or anything like that.

Go to a web site like DELETED , type in your call sign and you will get your passcode. Use it anywhere for APRS that needs it - in any radio, software or app.

73, Rob - KD2GRS