Re: Passcode for Gary N Evans; KO4LAX

Rob J.

Steve,

I don't know Gary so I can't directly help you. But a tidbit of information on passcodes that might be of interest to others in the group. The algorithm to generate a passcode is nothing secret or special. You don't kneed to "apply" to anyone for a passcode, any site or service that needs a passcode uses the same passcode,  there is no approval process, the FCC is not involved or anything like that.

Go to a web site like https://apps.magicbug.co.uk/passcode/ or http://www.n5dux.com/ham/aprs-passcode/ , type in your call sign and you will get your passcode. Use it anywhere for APRS that needs it - in any radio, software or app.

73, Rob - KD2GRS