Re: Stations Go Away after so much time

Lynn Deffenbaugh

They're minutes, not seconds.  That'd be awful fast disappearing!

On 8/30/2020 11:09 AM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
I haven't seen a reply from Lynn yet, so I will give it a shot.

I believe the termonolgy is "station aging".
There are several parameters in the APRSIS32.xml file for this.
The ones I am familiar with are
   <Stations.MinAge>80</Stations.MinAge>
   <Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>
  <Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>240</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>
So, as I recall, the station starts againg (I believe fades) at 80 seconds, and disappears at 120 seconds.
  If the station is in the BUDDY list, it will disappear at 240 seconds.

Closing APRSIS32 application and editing the XML to change these parameters should do what you want.
I'll let Lynn fill in more details.

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, 12:17:40 AM EDT, Bob KE6GYD <ke6gyd@...> wrote:

Today I was doing a test with my ham group for receiving RF only stations.  After a couple of hours or so, the stations disappeared without me killing them.
Is there a setting that will keep them showing longer, even if they don't beacon for over a few hours?
I searched documentation and looked thru menus and couldn't find anything.
Regards
Bob
KE6GYD