Re: Bluetooth w/ Kenwood TH-D74

Demetre - M0SUY/SV1UY

So to sum it all up.

TH-D74 needs to be in KISS12 mode, the port in APRSIS32 should be a Simply(KISS) port and we need an external GPS because the internal GPS of the TH-D74 cannot pass NMEA DATA in KISS12 mode!

Only this way we can send BEACONS and MESSAGES via APRSIS32.

If we use the TH-D74 in APRS12 mode, then we need to configure a KWD710(APRS) port in APRSIS32 with NMEA support so that we can pass GPS DATA to APRSIS32. In this case we lose the abiity to send BEACONS or MESSAGES using APRSIS32 and we have to BEACON and send MESSAGES from the TH-D74.

Really the prefered way is to set the TH-D74 in KISS12 mode and use an external GPS or set our position manually in APRSIS32.

Have I got this right or am I missing something?

--
73 de Demetre M0SUY/SV1UY
APRS: 1st & best Social Network