Re: Tile Set Storage #poll-notice

Fred Hillhouse

I voted for number 1. I have several applications that use the tiles and wherever possible I share the directories.

I understand the use of MBTiles. However, most of my applications (APRS, activity tracking, general mapping, Geocaching) on the phone all keep their own repository which is unfortunate. I am thankful that most are using a more efficient storage system. I would like to be able to break out the tiles if moved to the Windows PC.

Fred N7FMH

From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 11:02 AM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] Tile Set Storage #poll-notice

A new poll has been created:

How attached are you to map tile storage in an OSM-compatible file hierarchy?  Do you share tiles outside of APRSIS32?

1. Very attached, I share multiple tile set trees with other programs.
2. Somewhat attached, I sometimes access tile set trees with other programs.
3. Not attached at all, I only share tile sets among APRSIS32 instances.
4. Not attached at all, I never share tile sets anywhere!
5. I share tile sets, but only by manually copying tile set trees around and sure wish this was easier!
6. I know what map tile storage is, but what is an OSM-compatible file hierarchy?
7. What is a tile? I thought that was something that goes on the floor and shower walls.

Vote Now

Do not reply to this message to vote in the poll. You can vote in polls only through the group's website.

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.