Re: Transmitting through APRRSISC32

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Note: The following is based on my direct knowledge of the FTM-350.  I have not heard anything to the contrary for the FTM-400.

What you are doing wrong is that you are using a Yeasu APRS radio.  Yaesu, in their infinite wisdom, does not allow transmitting from outside the unit.  It will only transmit what it internally generates.  Even their protocol for passing decoded packets out the serial port is not quite the same as all other APRS radios before it.

If you want to transmit, by Yeasu's own documentation, you must hook up an external TNC and completely ignore the APRS capabilities of the radio itself.

PS.  I just quick-scanned the FTM-400 documentation and I didn't even see how to connect an external TNC to that model.

On 8/9/2020 3:23 PM, Sean Rafferty wrote:
I am unable to transmit through the program. When I look at CONFIGURE>PORTS>FTM-400(the radio I am using) Xmit Enable is not checked. Even if I check it it will not stay checked, when I look again, it is still not checked.
What am I doing wrong?