Re: Igate setup

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Strange website redirect on that DNS, but we don't use it for web access, but for port 14580.  Here's the site that actually lists the regional rotate DNS names that are available.  http://www.aprs2.net/

Regional Rotate Addresses

Please use one of the following addresses to connect:

  • North America
    noam.aprs2.net
  • South America
    soam.aprs2.net
  • Europe & Africa
    euro.aprs2.net
  • Asia
    asia.aprs2.net
  • Oceania
    aunz.aprs2.net

All users should be connecting to port 14580 the client-defined filter port.

On 8/5/2020 1:46 PM, Bob German wrote:
Lynn,
Thanks for the info.  I had visited the noam.aprs2.net url looking for the port number but did not find any reference to APRS,   The website appears to be the host for some form of HTTP server product called NGINX.
Bob G
KG6PJG