Re: RX/TX From radio/tnc

Lynn Deffenbaugh

So, am I to understand that you used a terminal emulator on the same PC on which you run APRSIS32 and connected it to COM5 whic is what you have configured into APRSIS32 and have it set to 4800?  And also matched the parity, data bits, and stop bits.  And it worked?

What is the TNC?

It it KISS mode or some other protocol?

What port type do you have configured in APRSIS32?  Simply(KISS) or something else?

Do you have any custom <OpenCmd>s in your APRSIS32.xml configuration file for the port?

If you enable the Port<YourPortName> trace log in APRSI32 and then disable/enable the port, what shows up in the trace log?

If you see "accurate and readable strings" from the TNC in a terminal emulator, then it the TNC is not in KISS mode.  If you have APRSIS32 expecting a KISS-mode TNC

With the port enabled, what do you see in the rotating status window?  You should see something like APRS-IS OK alternating with something about <YourPortName>.

On 8/4/2020 3:31 PM, ve6frc@... wrote:
Hi All.

I have an issue where after the last update a couple months back, my computer has lost all comms with the radio/tnc. I had everything shutdown for a month or two till I had more time to play with the settings. Today I have reinstalled Build 2020/05/01 21:21. Still can not get program to communicate with tnc. Using a USB to DB9 cable which is known to be good. Port 5 at 4800 baud. These settings have not changed since 2012. TNC reports accurate and readable strings at 4800 when using a laptop plugged into the DB9 port on the tnc.

Any idea's on what to check next?.

Thanks
Fred
VE6FRC