Re: Satellite Telemetry

Thomas Testa

Ok when I closed the box and hit Control O this is the message I received.Inline image

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 2:51 PM, Tom T <tmtlu3@...> wrote:

Lynn I have included two screenshots from tjhe menu tree that clearly list satellite tracking. Inline image

Inline image

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 1:59 PM, Greg D <ko6th.greg@...> wrote:

GPS?

Greg KO6TH

On August 3, 2020 10:48:48 AM PDT, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

I still don't understand what "satellite tracking" is?

On 8/3/2020 12:33 PM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:
I have satellite tracking activated. The satellite details box is blank. There is no information coming in. I haven’t changed a thing. It was all working fine until 2 days ago. The details box went blank and the date and time box turned red ate the same time.

                   Thank You Tom N2UFM

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 11:53 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

What is the "satellite pop up box"?  I"m not familiar with that one.

And I didn't ask before, but I might as well go ahead and ask what you mean by "satellite telemetry"?  I don't know what that is either.

It doesn't show popups, but sometimes the screen layout at the URL below is helpful.  For instance, 16 is the date/time box.

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-elements

Also, the date/time box on the lower right background color represents how much CPU APRSIS32 believes it is using vs how busy the system is in general.  This is only an approximation and sometimes gets confused and goes solid red background.  It has nothing to do with GPS nor satellites.

On 8/3/2020 11:23 AM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:
Lynn it is N2UFM-2. I am a fixed station with no GPS activated. Everything was working fine until two day ago when I stopped receiving satellite telemetry. The  satellite pop up box opens without any information and the date and time box on the lower right is solid red.

                        Thank You , Tom N2UFM

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:37 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

I need more information.  Is this APRSISCE or APRSIS32?  What operating system?  What is your GPS and how do you have it configured in APRSISCE/32?

Actually, I did some queries and answered the APRSIS32 and O/S questions.  Are we talking about N2UFM-2 (your IGate with a Simply(KISS) RF port) or N2UFM (an RF-only Weather station?)?

And definitely what GPS are you using via what connection and how do you have it configured in APRSIS32?

On 8/3/2020 9:19 AM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:

Hi Lynn I am not receiving Satellite Telemetry. The box opens stays blank and the time and date box is a steady read. I am running the latest Development Version.
                                Thank You , Tom N2UFM

--
This space for rent...