Igate setup

Alder Kail

Hello, I'm new to groups.io and I'm new to this software! I have two questions and hopefully I can get on my way. The spot that I live in is fairly rural and I'm trying to set up an Igate and possibly a digipeater in the future. I already have a passcode for APRS-IS from another program I was using (APRSdroid) so I was confused whether I would be breaking any rules or not if I just slapped that in APRSIS32 and started up an Igate, or if I needed a moderator to verify my information or activate my passcode or something? My second question, do I need to notify anyone that runs the APRS servers that I will be injecting information onto their website? I'm still trying to learn about all these things, but there doesn't seem to be much information readily available on the internet, and after a lot of digging decided to just ask here. Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on this for me! - Ian, KI5IBL