Re: [EXT] Re: [APRSISCE] Configure APRSIS32 for Kenwood TM-D710GA as Mobile

Charles Jessee

Hi Lynn - I did. What has me wondering is the stuff at the bottom:

 How can you configure APRSISCE/32 to run in APRS mode without usurping control from the Kenwood TM-D710 radio? Well, you really can't if you expect APRSISCE/32 to ever transmit because on the first transmission, MYCALL will be set which changes the D710's identity until it's next TNC reset. However, if you avoid messaging from APRSISCE/32 (or even receiving a message to which an ack must be sent), the following might work for you.”

Messages Checked - If you want messaging to work on APRSISCE/32 (See warning above)“

The way I’m reading it, is check Messages is you want messaging to work, which should work as long as you don’t message or receive one to which an ack must be sent. So if I check messaging I should never message? And I’m not quite sure about messages where an ack *must*be sent.

Thanks for you patience have my questions - APRSIS32 is super-duper fine stuff and I appreciate your efforts!

Bret/N4SRN