Re: Igates and their use of digi paths

Lynn Deffenbaugh

You are correct that it is a setting on the igate doing the reverse gating, but talking to the owner of digi-1 won't do you any good because digipeaters can't (or shouldn't) increase the number of hops on any packet.

You need to talk to the IGate operator and have them set the path for -IS to RF gated (hopefully) 3rd party packets to get good coverage in the local RF environment.

On 6/19/2020 10:51 AM, Max via groups.io wrote:
That is a setting at the igate that is doing the reverse gating. I run APRX and it definitely has a setting for the # of hops for messages had such. You are at the mercy of the infrastructure around you. You would need to talk to the owner of the digi-1 and have them increase the number of hops on reverse igated messages.

Max KG4PID

On Thursday, June 18, 2020, 10:06:37 PM CDT, Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:

Is there a way for APRSIS32 to respond to messages through the same path as received? What I'm trying to do is get a message back from the internet through my fill in digi.

I send a message to Wxbot from KB3KBR-11 and -4 digipeats it and then -1 digipeats it too. If I'm outside of the building I'm in i can hear -1 direct and get the message, if I'm inside I can't hear anything except -4.

What I'm looking for is a way for -1 you send the message back through -4 so -11 can hear it.
-4 is a fill in only responding to Wide1-1 and it's own callsign.

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone