Re: Remembering Settings Across Restart

Lynn Deffenbaugh

IIRC, (it's been a long time since I wrote this particular code), when a windows is maximized or minimized, the Win32 API to get the window position and size returns some really weird numbers. Rather than remember these and have to deal with them on the restart, I simply don't change the remembered windows parameters if the client is closed while maximized or minimized.

Unfortunately, the View settings for the window(s) (including MultiTracks) are attached to the size and position when they are saved resulting in the View settings also not being saved and restored if a client is closed while maximized or minimized.

One of these days (weeks?  months?  years?) I may revisit this issue but every time I think about it I remember the "weight of the installed base".  Doing such a change such that it is backward-compatible (new code honors old saved values), I anticipate being tricky.  But some day I might get inspired to joust with that particular dragon (or tickle it's tail: see definition 3 from https://tinyurl.com/ydfnzs3s)

On 6/9/2020 7:32 PM, Jeff wrote:
Lynn,

In the past I have seen the limitation of APRSIS32 not being able to save settings when maximized. I've never asked, and apologize if it has been explained before, but I was just wondering the reason for that limitation. Is it a "Windows" thing, or something else?

Thanks for all you do to support and improve this software!

73,
Jeff
N5TEV