Re: Remembering Settings Across Restart

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Make sure the application is NOT maximized when you close it and the settings will be remembered.  If you want it large, then size it large, but not maximized, and then close it.  It should re-open from then on (until you close it in some other size) that way.

The same applies to your View selections because they are actually stored with the screen size.

On 6/9/2020 5:07 PM, Gil wrote:
Did the issue of not remembering screen (and other) settings across a restart ever get resolved?  I tried to find information in the messages, but all I found was people asking about it and finding out that they couldn't expect them to be saved if the screen was maximized when exiting.  I'm certainly experiencing that issue and I'd sure like to know if I'm doing something wrong.  The screen always starts minimized with the wrong map.  One of my versions has "View All" turned off upon restart and it takes me a while to remember why I'm not seeing any stations on the map.

Can I edit the .xml file to set the parameters I want when starting?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Gil Chapin, WB2UTI