From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 2:53 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] LS-* objects near CLAYTN digipeater

Is there any APRSIS32 user operating an RF station near the CLAYTN

digipeater in New Jersey (https://aprs.fi/#!call=CLAYTN)?

I received a report from KD2EIB that he is seeing my LS-* lightning

strike objects on his RF-ONLY FTM-400.  I'd like to track down the

source of these objects on their local RF.  Some IGate operator within

digipeater path coverage must be gating these objects from firenet to RF.

If anyone happens to have a capture of packets from RF from earlier

today, I'd like to know if any LS-* objects show up. They'll likely

(hopefully, at least) be third party packets transmitted by some nearby

IGate.  That IGate operator needs to be contacted and realize that

gating a potentially 100s of megabit pipe onto a 1200 baud pipe is not a

good idea!

Avast logo