73

Thank you

Don va7dgp/va7qu

On Wed., Jun. 3, 2020, 9:41 a.m. Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Look closely at your second attempt.  You had gmail <comma> com, not gmail <dot> com.

I just sent a second test to your @winlink.org e-mail address. It may be that winlink is blocking the EMAIL-2 sending address or something?

On 6/3/2020 11:31 AM, Don Poaps wrote:
Weird. I realize my typo in the first attempt. Corrected email address. I tried yours went through. I then tried a fellow ham and it went through. Not sure why my original 2 attempts crashed with the corrected email. It works. We have been doing a Zoom demonstration of using APRS messaging of the various parts.  Bringing renewed  interest locally.

73
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...
Subject://wl2k

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 8:23 AM Don Poaps <va7dgp@...> wrote:
I did your steps but used a ISP email. Not a Winlink email.

73
Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA
VA7QU   VOICE

Winlink: va7qu@...

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 7:22 AM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Can you tell me the steps you took to get that error?  I just sent a test e-mail from my APRSIS32 (KJ4ERJ-AP) to you via EMAIL-2 and it worked as designed.

Messages / Send EMail...

Paste in or select the destination e-mail address (I used your's)

Enter a SHORT text in that box

Click Send.

A new QSO will open between EMAIL-2 and your station's callsign-SSID.  Mine says:

10:18:29  New Chat Between EMAIL-2 and KJ4ERJ-AP on 2020-06-03
10:18:22> Email sent to va7qu@...

On 6/3/2020 10:02 AM, Don Poaps wrote:
6:52:30  New Chat Between EMAIL-2 and VA7DGP on 2020-06-03
06:52:0 Invalid Request!

I imagine that info on this web page is hardcoded in APRSIS. I know wlnk-1 works

73

Don Poaps
New Westminster, BC
VA7DGP DATA