When one refers to messages in this email, it is unclear what is being talked about.  I don't know anything currently on ISS that can receive or ack a "message"...

Maybe the proper term was that a "packet" was ssent to ISS, not a specifi message?

Bob

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 1:33 PM Fred Hillhouse <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

You can send a message from any device. Send it from a radio. Send it from a PC running any client. It the example, I sent a message from my PC instance of APRSIS32 to ISS. Lynn’s server returned the next pass for my location and the elevation.

Fred N7FMH

From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 10:00 AM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] APRSIS settings for ISS

See also: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:satsrv

On 5/25/2020 1:16 AM, Greg D wrote:

What Fred is talking about is the satellite pass prediction service that Lynn has running.  Send an APRS message by any method (Internet is probably best) to the satellite name, and you'll get a reply message with information showing the next pass.  So, just send a message to "ISS".  The message text can be anything (it's not used).  Be sure to beacon where you are first.

Greg  KO6TH

Gervais Fillion wrote:

well fred

i am not there yet as they say.

i want to know when she approach my qth so i will listen at her tx frequency,,145.800 if i recalled years ago and see if something has changed.

it may gave me a go to programm a radio and,,,called them!!!! who knows.

73 fred

great week

gervais ve2ckn