Re: Where is Add Filter?

Lynn Deffenbaugh

& is a special character in XML, so it is escaped via &

As long as you don't edit the XML with the client running, everything will be good.  It is best to use the GUI to make changes to parameters when you can.  Some (Development mode and Digipeating come to mind) do require editing the XML which must be done with teh client CLOSED or you will lose your edits.

-s//a&/D

General form of a symbol filter is:

s/pri/alt/over

So this filter will suppress (-) all symbols a or & in the alternate table with a D overlay.

so, the Filter reads to block all Da AND all D&

Yep.

which are the two red or black diamonds in which a "D" is overlaid ??
I'm assuming you are correct on that one.  I didn't verify the a and & alternate symbols.

On 5/25/2020 7:25 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
On 5/24/2020 12:40, Greg Depew wrote:
Correct me if wrong but doesn't control-G only work for Rf gating? I think you want Configure > General, add filter. To modify IS stations.

WOW! whodah thunk?

In "General" . I have seen that blank space a ge-dozen times and never paid attention to it.

Lynn has several "Links" he posted in that 2015 reply he made. I see the 'suggested' filter. I read the link to Symbols page and kinda gleaned how they are placed into the filter construct.

I believe the filter is now located on Line-8 of the aprsis32.xml as:

<Filter>-s//a&amp;/D</Filter>

though I typed -s//a&/D  into the General/Add Filter  box.

Will Line-8 Persist after closing Program?

And, is the filter construct inside the first // an "a" AND a "&" as the character individually following the second / .... a "D"

so, the Filter reads to block all Da AND all D&

which are the two red or black diamonds in which a "D" is overlaid ??

Many thanks for the excellently pointed reply.