Re: Where is Add Filter?

James Ewen

Bob,

A better means of figuring out filters is to read up on them and understand them rather than just copying examples.

You can them customize your own filters to do exactly what you want.

Try reverse engineering the filter you posted to determine what it is doing.

James
VE6SRV

PS: the dash in the example is important. The link I posted tells you what it does in a filter.

Not trying to be a jerk, but rather trying to teach a man to fish versus giving him a fish. I don’t think there was a link to the wiki page provided with the examples, so the example can just look like a magic incantation if you have no reference material.

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 10:09 AM KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:
Trying to remove some  Red Background and Black Background "D" 's

followed some of this thread, and some links off it

https://groups.io/g/APRSISCE/topic/34598691#27034

so I can <ctrl> <shift> G and add in  -s//a&/D (from Lynn) , to the filter line that appears

yet it doesn't seem to do anything and suddenly the local digipeater decodes (RF) don't appear in the Scroller .
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

--
James
VE6SRV