Re: APRSIS Pass through GPS feed broken with Kenwood D710A

Lynn Deffenbaugh

THAT was the "magic bullet".  Upgrade to the latest dev release, (2020/05/17 07:00) which should fix this.  When I updated the NMEA parsing code to support more than $GP as a "listener" ID, Kenwoods non-standard $PK (as in $PKWDPOS) was inadvertently considered to be invalid.

On 5/16/2020 11:36 PM, Bruce Coates wrote:
Hi

This symptom first appeared in the July 17 2017 release of the development version and was present all subsequent versions.  The February 10 2017 was the last development version where the D710 passthrough worked.

In my case I'm running my D710 in APRS mode and it outputs the GPS data about every 2 seconds in the format of $PKWDPOS.  For me, my NMEA.logs file shows "Unrecognized Talker" each time it receives one of these string.

73, Bruce - VE5BNC