Re: APRSIS Pass through GPS feed broken with Kenwood D710A

Anthony Mascola

My GPS pass through broke also recently.  I used to see my position and speed continuously on the APRSIS32 display in my Jeep though it was not always reliable. I used to be able to uninstall APRSIS32 and it would run for a time.  Now it consistently does not work at all

Configured Port: D710 APRS port configured to serial cable COM Port and checking GPS.  It's no longer working
Transceiver: Kenwood D710A
GPS: K6VHF GPS attached to operation panel of D710A (note as above the D710A does not have a built in GPS.  Note you do not configure this GPS unit as an NMEA GPS port on the same COM port as the transceiver.  It is intended to pass through the data through the COM port combining the TNC controls and GPS positioning data
Serial connection to computer: RT systems serial to USB cable or US Converters Blutronium serial to bluetooth dongle - neither work to pass through GPS data anymore
Computer: Toshiba WT8-A32 Windows 10 tablet, Fujitsu T902 laptop- neither receive GPS passthrough data anymore, both did previously

Is anyone running a D710A with an attached GPS unit such as the Greenlight labs, K6VHF or other and able to get pass through GPS to APRSIS32 as before?  I can beacon and run APRS fine from the Kenwood showing my speed and GPS coordinates accurately and know GPS is working properly.  Somehow something has changed that does not allow APRSIS32 to see and pass through this information as before.  I have spent hours and hours trying to get this working again...