Re: Open Tracker

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Actually, the "Open" status means that APRSIS32 is trying to open the communication line to the TNC.  In this case, I suspect it's a serial port and it's no longer the same number as it was on the old machine.

On 5/14/2020 8:11 PM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
The Yahoo group has moved and pretty much been has disolved.  It only stays somewhat open to catch stragglers.
Cross posting into Groups.IO.

As I understand it, "OpenTracker Open" means it has not received feedback from the TNC indicating it can communicate.
The most common causes are:
1.  TNC in the wrong mode.  KISS is the most common
     If the TNC is not in KISS mode, but the RF port is KISS, the communication does not match.
2. <Open> commands are not working (typically used to set #1
3. Baud rate or port mismatch.

The quickest way to get help would be to use <Menu> <Enables> <Logging> port(Open Tracker)
  And see what his log says about what was sent, received, and kind of expected.

Join (move to) the aprsis32 => APRSISCE groups.io Group

Post your log info if you need more help.

On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 7:37:30 PM EDT, curtis@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce-noreply@...> wrote:

I updated my computer from a netbook with XP to a notebook with Win 10.. All went fine.

I'm using the latest development version of APRSIS.

In the status window, it changes from APRSIS OK to Open Tracker Open. It used to say Open Tracker OK. I can't find any help in the documentation. I don't think it's transmitting. I get everything else, but in the station windows, there are no asterisks as there used to be.

Any ideas?

Curt  N9CEB