Re: libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Lynn Deffenbaugh

From the very end of my release notes:

The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so
it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).
So, the straight answer is "no", but the true answer is "not yet".  Almost there...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93PJlv3EgQ

On 5/11/2020 11:07 AM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
Hi Lynn,

Will item 2 get https tiles now?

Thanks!
Fred N7FMH

-----Original Message-----
From: APRSISCE@groups.io [mailto:APRSISCE@groups.io] On Behalf Of Lynn Deffenbaugh
Sent: Saturday, May 09, 2020 10:10 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: [APRSISCE] libCURL (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor
changes:

1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens
to be in the !DAO!

2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile
fetching.  MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.

That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile
fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https
tile sources  Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as
the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use.