Re: XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Ryszard Labus

Working well on virtual machine with XP.

W dniu 2020-05-10 o 10:33, Lynn Deffenbaugh pisze:
WinXP users of APRSIS32,

If you upgrade to the latest development version (2020/05/09 21:57), please let me know if it works.  The incorporation of CURL into the program required a new import library for wldap32 and, even though I told Visual Studio to build for XP compatibility, I have no XP machine on which to verify that it will still work.

On 5/9/2020 10:09 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:
A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor changes:

1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens to be in the !DAO!

2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile fetching.  MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.

That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https tile sources  Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use.  The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).

SINUX Ryszard Labus
ul. Domaniewska 47/10 02-672 Warszawa
NIP: 548-138-01-53    tel: 666385002
          r.labus@...