Re: Tiles not fetching?

Rob Giuliano

Sorry, my post may have been a bit confusing.
There was nothing wrong with my maps before I did that, except they were copied over from another hard drive.
My purpose in renaming was to check if fething was working - since I already had everything I was viewing.  I dind't think about just moving around and seeing if it loaded maps.

I went back to the old map file, and panned around and it worked with either file.

On Sunday, May 3, 2020, 4:48:37 PM EDT, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Can you zip up and e-mail me the renamed file?  And include any other journal files with the same name.  They're not supposed to be able to corrupt themselves.  But if you have one that wasn't fetching, I'd like to check out what it might have worng (sic) inside.

But wait, you're using MBTiles with APRSIS32?  I think the original OP is still using individual tile files.

On 5/3/2020 1:32 PM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
I just closed APRSIS32, renamed my OSMTiles.mbtiles file, and restarted.  Mapping fetching is working properly here.

On Sunday, May 3, 2020, 9:59:32 AM EDT, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

There should be some OSM* trace logs available.  Bring those up and enable them then pan around a bit and see what they may have to tell you.

Also, can you e-mail your APRSIS32.XML file to me at KJ4ERJ@...?  I'd like to see the details of your tile server configurations and try them from here.

On 5/3/2020 8:44 AM, Fred Hillhouse Jr (CruelShoes) wrote:
Is internet access enabled??

When did you last fetch tiles from the non-OSM servers? The links change occasionally or may not be available anymore.

Fred N7FMH

On Sun, May 3, 2020, 8:22 AM Tony G <tg4360@...> wrote:
Responding here as requested.

Running Verison 2020/05/01 21:21 of APRSIS32.

Map configure set to original with the tile server of "tile.openstreetmap.org" it appears to be only loading tiles that were already on the machine.

When I either zoom in there's no "learning circle" as in the past versions and the lower levels don't  appear to load.  Zooming out also shows areas i haven't been to as not fetched.

Mapquest Air shows nothing.

ARC GIS Air and Nat Geo appear to also only be showing a few places I've fetched before.

DE KE4WFD