Re: Proposed General Release (Dev: 2020/05/01 21:21)

Michael Coslo

I agree. I’m going to search for an older version of WINE. My old version worked well, and they replaced it with a mess, at least as far as USB to serial adapters are concerned.

Software senescence arrives to Linux! 8^(

- 73 Mike N3LI -

On May 2, 2020, at 12:25 PM, Greg D <ko6th.greg@...> wrote:

Hi Rob,

It sounds like the Wine team is trying to be annoyance-for-annoyance compatible with Windows :(.

I'm on Wine 1.8.6 on an old OpenSuSE LEAP 42.1 system, and the upgrade to the latest went without a hitch. It's an iGate that I run 24x7, and all is working fine. Thanks for the "heads-up" for the future when I eventually upgrade the system.

Greg KO6TH