Re: Proposed General Release (Dev: 2020/05/01 21:21)

Rob Giuliano

Just upgraded my setup.  This includes latest XUbuntu (20.04) with WINE 5.0.
Some features are new to me with the updated WINE version.

APRSIS32 ran the normal update after clicking HELP.
Other than connecting to my TNC (WINE changed COM port stuff), NO ISSUES here!

I'll let it run now.

On Friday, May 1, 2020, 10:02:06 PM EDT, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

I just pushed the subject version to development.  Please let me know if
you successfully upgrade to this and if it initially looks ok.

The only change since the last Development release is a spelling
correction, changing the name for APRSISMO (check KJ4ERJ-12), and
setting the new release timestamp.

If this checks out, I'll push it to release sometime over the weekend.

Here are the proposed release notes.  They will be posted in full to the
Wiki.

Here's the major features in version 2020/05/01 21:21

Updated ToCall and Mic-E definitions from:
http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/tocalls.txt as of 17 Apr 2020 (updated
2020/04/27)
http://aprs.org/aprs12/mic-e-types.txt through 4 Jun 2019 (Updated
2020/04/27)

No longer suppress gating messages just because a station was heard
INSIDE a 3rd party packet on RF.  See notes about KO6TH from 2018/09/03
11:36

Support "Common Talker IDs" from
2017/07/17 15:05

Support Always-On-Top in right click menu in both main and MultiTrack
windows (not on CE)

Support proprietary 4 digit precision extension (!DAO!xx) in Configure /
Beacon / Precision / 4 Digits

Draw a small heading arrow near symbols that beacon speed and course

Support a Syslog-type port for APRISMO diagnostic capture (Development
mode only)

Added Screen / Labels / Nicknames / Delete All (n)
Also, if you try to define a new nickname that uses the same label as an
existing nickname, the Accept button will disable until the Label is unique.

There's a new Configure / Aliases / Accumulate feature to "learn" local
digipeater aliases for actual hop counting.
(Note: these are things like WIDE, RELAY as well as the State and
Regional aliases (SSn-N))

Show both Non-alias used hop count and Simplistic used hop count in the
Digi/IGate column of the packet scroller.

Filtered gating of packets from -IS to RF, but only in Development
mode.  See notes from 2012/08/31 08:02 below.

There's a bunch of updates to the View / Platform submenu population and
counting sprinkled throughout.

There's a new Configure / Companions option described in 2012/09/04
21:26, 2012/09/06 02:03, 02:51, 13:35

Support MiniDump creation on a detected crash.  This may create
APRSIS32.DMP files in your execution directory that will assist me in
determining the cause of crashes.
If APRSIS32 generates a .DMP/DMZ file, it will automatically restart.
Eventually it'll even auto-detect the .DMPs and offer to send them to me.

Support port type of "Dummy" (connection type doesn't matter) to be a
Transmit-Only Dummy Load for testing -IS to RF IGating in an RF-less
environment.

Count "Oth" packets for any packet that doesn't fit a defined type.
These are the packets that a type (t/) filter can't pick up from a
filtered feed.  These packet counts are display on the port status
windows (right click in APRS-IS OK pane).

There's a new set of "Busy Stations" windows available on the APRS-IS OK
right click menu.  Read about them in 2012/09/27 07:39 below.

Support Screen / Brightness / Bright/Dim which changes the background of
the transparent maps from White to Black. Discovered on APRSISDR.  (Adam
KC2ANT)

The NMEA port now supports a direct TCP/IP connection to GPSd. Simply
configure the NMEA port to use TCP/IP and point it to your GPSd
instance.  If you've never heard of GPSd, don't worry about it.  If
you've got a GPSd already running, then I don't need to tell you more,
right?  (Steve G6UIM)

RF Ports now have a "NoGate ME" checkbox to disable gating your own
generated packets to the -IS if copied on a digipeat.

Added zoom number in center of slider (breaks if/when I do fractional
zooms).  (Greg KB3KBR, Fred N7FMH)
The zoom number turns green (it might be hard to read) when you're
zoomed in close enough to "Move ME".  (Greg KB3KBR)

Ignore single character !shriek!s (!x! being put out by N5ETC-2)

Properly parse local time (/) format specifier (Jerry KF5AOK)

New support for JS8Call and FT8 log-scraping objects.  This is similar
to the JT65 scraper that already existed.  Simply create new object of
the appropriate type and point it to your ALL.TXT log file for the
corresponding program.  Object will be created for any detected station
for which a grid square is available. These are objects local to your
instance only.

Support for "Hashes".  These are similar to !shriek!s, but are delimited
by a single preceding #, as in #JS8 or #EVENT.  More details on this to
follow at some later date.
Note that only 32 unique Hashes are currently supported.  This limit
will be removed before this support is finalized.

KISS (aka AX.25) callsigns are now limited to A..Z and 0..9. Invalid
characters are simply removed from the transmitted callsign, so beware!