Re: Earthquakes

Adam Mahnke

Glad I moved back to NY, I used to live in that area

From: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io> on behalf of Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>
Sent: Friday, May 1, 2020 5:23:11 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io <APRSISCE@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Earthquakes

Wow, turned it on, was going to do a test filter just to see if any packets showed up, but they immediately started popping in on the map.

I have it 50% dimmed and dark so you can more easily see the gray circles which are the earthquake symbol.  The orange circle is the map fetcher because I zoomed in on one of them.

On 5/1/2020 5:20 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Ok, if you have Lightning already displayed, that means you're connected to firenet.  So the only thing you need to add is s//Q which is the symbol for Earthquakes.  This gets appended to your Config / General / Additional Filter setting.  The s is a symbol filter, the nothing between the two slashes means nothing selected from the primary symbol table and the final Q is the earthquake symbol from the alternate table.

Living on the sand in Florida, it's been a long time since I was curious about the earthquakes!  Maybe I'll add it to my test APRSISMO instance which is drawing from firenet and is otherwise (relatively) uncluttered.

On 5/1/2020 4:13 PM, Al Massaro wrote:
Lightning I have displaying (when we get it), earthquakes I am very interested. How? Where to find the setup info?
AL M
KF5SMH