From: Greg D
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2020 03:58 PM
To: APRSISCE@groups.io
Subject: Re: [APRSISCE] Lightning data

Um, so I'm running one instance of APRSIS32, and have both IS and Firenet ports defined.  But the Firenet port doesn't have Transmit enabled, nor any of the iGate check boxes (RF to IS or IS to RF).

Isn't that effectively the same, but all on one screen?

Greg  KO6TH

KE6BB via groups.io wrote:

Re:  “Note that you should NOT connect an IGate to firenet. “

My mind just isn’t what it used to be.  You just reminded me WHY I started running separate instances, one for Amateur Radio APRS, on standard APRS tier 2 servers, and a second instance for weather watching  on firenet.  You also get weather advisories AND warnings on firenet.

I set this all up in 2016, so I think I will copy parts of your message and put it in a file for future reference.  My mind just isn’t what it used to be, or did I mention that already.

Mark

KE6BB

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...>

Date: 4/29/20 5:38 PM (GMT-08:00)

Subject: [APRSISCE] Ready for Release?

So, according to the second ("Upgrades") telemetry graph for KJ4ERJ at
aprs.fi, it appears that the upgrades are slowing down. So the $20,000
question is:  For those of you running the latest development release,
is it ready to be pushed out as the first General release since 2012?

https://aprs.fi/telemetry/a/KJ4ERJ?range=week

Avast logo