Re: APRSISCE mobile installation

Michael Coslo

On Apr 27, 2020, at 4:19 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Do you actually have a Windows Mobile device, or did you mean to say APRSIS32 on Windows?
No. I want to run the program on a laptop running standard Windows in my vehicle.

What exactly is a "Microsoft GPS receiver/antenna"? Does it hook to your D-700? Or does it deliver NMEA GPS strings to windows via a COM port? if it is USB-only without an NMEA capability, it won't help.
It’s a rebranded Pharos GPS-360. It interfaces with the computer rather than directly to the radio. The device also has USB-Serial and identifies to the computer as a COM port.

I have a few of those, and they originally ran with Streets and Trips, but then with APRSPoint for APRS use.

And yes, the D-700 can be easily interfaced to. See also:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tnc-d700
I’l take a gander at it - Thanks much, Lynn.

- 73 Mike N3LI -