Re: Nickname File Transfer

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Interesting thought, but not currently implemented, of course.  And it's not quite as easy as it might sound given that I'm using a pre-packaged lua XML reader/interpreter and that's not part of the native XML spec.

What would end up happening is that the <include>...</include> value would simply come through as an element in the parsed XML which the APRSIS32 XML processor would summarily ignore and drop on the floor on the next save.

I'll give it some thought though...

On 4/19/2020 11:19 AM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
Lynn,
Is adding an 'include" (<Include>{path and xml file name}</include>) into the main xml as a means of doing simple things like this?
I realize this would make it a pain when saving the XML, a simple expansion and write out as a single file would even work as a short term fix.

On Saturday, April 18, 2020, 7:11:14 PM EDT, Bob KE6GYD <ke6gyd@...> wrote:

Our group has over 100 nicknames set up on my computer.  Is there a file containing those nicknames that can be transferred to other members computers so they don't have to recreate them all?
73
Bob
KE6GYD