Re: Digipeater path

Timothy Bonnell

Hi,
I’m running a digipeater. I took off the wide1-1 and it’s set to wide2-2. I’m using a Kenwood d710 is there any other settings I should know about?

On Thursday, March 26, 2020, 14:39, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

I don't think Timothy is running AS  digipeater, but is referring to
what path to use to REQUEST digipeater support.

The general rule is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 for mobile stations that might need
the assistance of a low-level (read: WIDE1) digipeater.  For a fixed
station, WIDE2-1 is more likely, unless you're fixed way down in a hole
somewhere and need the local WIDE1 digipeater's boost to get out to the
rest of the world.

In some more remote areas, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 (mobile) or just WIDE2-2
(fixed station) might be appropriate.

The specific answer would require a more complete knowledge of your
local RF infrastructure and topology.