Re: Digipeater path

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I don't think Timothy is running AS  digipeater, but is referring to what path to use to REQUEST digipeater support.

The general rule is WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 for mobile stations that might need the assistance of a low-level (read: WIDE1) digipeater.  For a fixed station, WIDE2-1 is more likely, unless you're fixed way down in a hole somewhere and need the local WIDE1 digipeater's boost to get out to the rest of the world.

In some more remote areas, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2 (mobile) or just WIDE2-2 (fixed station) might be appropriate.

The specific answer would require a more complete knowledge of your local RF infrastructure and topology.

On 3/26/2020 3:06 PM, AE5IB (Kip) wrote:
If you are a digipeater you should not be running WIDE1-1 because that
is for stations that cannot hit a regular WIDE2 digipeater. Since you
are already a digipeater you are not useful if you cannot hit a WIDE2
digipeater.

Again since you are a Digipeater you do not need your signal repeated
multiple times. You should be just WIDE2-1.

So you are close to being correct.

Kip
AE5IB

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 1:35 PM Timothy Bonnell via Groups.Io
<w9ntn=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,
What should I be using for my digipeater path?
I’m currently using wide1-1,wide2-1
Tyia

W9ntn
Timothy Bonnell