Re: Filters

KE6BB

Kill shows up when in the pop-up menu that appears when you click on the station you want to kill.  It really says “Kill Station”.  I have used that in the past, but I **THINK** the station shows up again when it sends a new beacon.  You might want to test that because my memory isn’t what it used to be.  I believe it doesn’t care if the station came from RF or the IS.

I think what Arnold is asking for is something possibly like this:

A button on the VIEW>CHOOSER menu, possibly in the “Space 4 Rent” spot, that says something like “Don’t View”.  When clicked, it would open up a menu where station calls/SSID’s that the user DOESN’T want to show up on the screen could be listed, along with an “ENABLE” checkbox.  When enabled, that station/ssid would NOT show on the screen.  This is similar to the way you can screen what symbols you want to see or not using the VIEW menu.  It would not block other APRSIS32 functions such as IGATE and Digi.  It would not remove the station/ssid from internal APRSIS32 lists so that it could immediately be disabled and the stations would reappear.  That way the program would continue to maintain conformance to the APRS specification but be more flexible.  That would be a feature request, NOT a bug report.

Just my thoughts.  They are free, so take them for what they are worth.

Mark,

KE6BB