Re: Filters

Arnold Harding. - KQ6DI

Julian,
I've used a KPC-3 in the past, and it has the LList command which blocks listed stations.  (I'm not sure if it blocks with KISS.)
I use Direwolf either in the PC with APRSIS32 or external in a Raspberry Pi (and local network), but Direwolf won't block anything in the KISS path.
So we do see that the KPC-3 and SoundModem have blocking ability...  But not APRSIS32...
RF blocking is considered unethical only when it is in an IGate configuration.  I'm just trying to keep it off of my personal screen, and not need to jump through too many hoops at the same time.

( Pigeons wouldn't need much training when we have GPS coordinates.)
Arnold, KQ6DI

On March 26, 2020 at 10:26 AM Julian <iulianp@...> wrote:

Hi Arnold. You may be in luck, depending on how you're feeding the packets into APRSIS32. SoundModem for ex has a blocking feature in its ini file, just enter callsigns etc the in the appropriate field. Packets from those stns will be discarded before reaching APRSIS32.  RF blocking is considered unethical and the best solution is to liaison with the other party. It also depends on your initial/subsequent approach(es). Some people get easily offended. I am aware that in some cases a shrink may be needed and there is almost nothing you can do... Possibly sending an army of trained pigeons to target the offending antenna?.... He he.
73 and good luck de J.     M zero IPU, YO three FCA.