Re: Filters

Randy Love

You can filter what you show locally on your screen by the use of Tactical Nicknames.
These can be set in your instance and shared over-air to others in your group.

This is all done on your computer... no need to have operators in your event that already have APRS set up re-configure for the event.

I can't dig up all the details now, but you can set them in Screen > Labels > Nicknames.
When you set up a Nickname, you can add a Shriek to it ( !MYEVENT!, we use !MS150! for our MS bike events )
then filter your display based on the Shriek by choosing it in View > Shrieks

That's the overview, Lynn probably has a canned message to send out that details more specifics.

73,
Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:06 AM Greg Andal via Groups.Io <captgrega=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
cken cry babby

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 23:15, Arnold Harding. - KQ6DI
<kq6di@...> wrote:
Lynn,
Please, Please provide some way to filter stations on RF.  At the moment there is no way to ignore a station sending garbage on RF all day long with WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2.  I have tried sending polite emails to the owner of the stations, and he does reply basically to say he will ignore my request.  I have contacted Official Observers who are also having the same issue from the station only to have it turned off for one month.
I don't need random objects, shapes and all other sorts of things appearing on my map when I'm trying to use APRSISCE/32 to support an event, but without a way to ignore a station, APRSIS32 just displays the garbage on my screen.
APRSIS32 works great in the field, not able to connect to the internet, EXCEPT for anyone spewing garbage onto the screen.

Please, please consider this a BUG in APRSIS32, and provide us some way to ignore anything coming from a station.

Arnold, KQ6DI

On March 25, 2020 at 8:22 PM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

See http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:automatic-filters for a full description of APRSIS32 automatic filters.

The m/ and r/ filters are automatic, but the 9 comes from your Configure / General / Range which is specified in 1/10 miles, but goes out in the filter as kilometers.

Rest easy, the filter only applies to what the APRS-IS will be sending to you, not what you will be gating to the APRS-IS.  APRSIS32 adheres to the IGate specification at http://www.aprs-is.net/IGateDetails.aspx, specifically:

Gate all packets heard on RF to the Internet EXCEPT if any of the following are true:

  1. (AX.25 RF) The packet does not have a control field of 0x03 or a PID of 0xf0.
  2. The TNC has PASSALL turned on.
  3. 3rd-party packets (data type } ) with TCPIP or TCPXX in the 3rd party header.
    3rd-party packets without TCPXX or TCPIP mnust have the RF header and the 3rd party data type stripped before passing to APRS-IS.
  4. generic queries (data type ? ).
  5. packets with TCPIP, TCPXX, NOGATE, or RFONLY in the header (last 2 are optional).
Note that there is no provision for "black-listing" stations.  If you copy it on an RF-type port and none of the above conditions are true, then the packet will be gated to the APRS-IS.  Assuming, of course, that you have the appropriate enables on both the RF and APRS-IS port.

On 3/25/2020 8:44 PM, Justin Cherington wrote:
Ok, I have used filters in Direwolf but am trying it in aprsis32 for the first time.  I entered two -b filters for two calls signs that involve pilots just swamping the area almost daily with 30 second beacon rates and WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1 paths.  I entered them in the Configure>General>add filters box.  I wish to ignore these guys and not gate them in either direction.

I then surprisingly got a pop up box (attached) that showed what I entered but also what looks like a 9 mile range filter around my location.  We have mountain top digis here with 80 mile ranges, (I decode them 50+ miles away all day) so I want to make sure I am not neglecting to gate some packets needlessly.  Or does the m/9 filter mean something altogether different?  I did not enter that so I assume it is one of the auto filters.  Thanks!