Re: Proportional beaconing feature request

James Ewen

Justin,

If you are going to be doing tests, one of the best things you can do is to send test packets with time stamps.

This shows the time that the packet was sent in the packet itself, and then each digipeat will have a time stamp as well.

The list of all the packets sent from your station show identical content, which makes it look like it’s the same packet being handled multiple times. You are using a compressed packet which makes it harder for human readability.

If you were sending the same compressed packet multiple times, and using hard coded path elements, that might explain some of what I was so confused about.

Observing only partial results that are available on the APRS-IS can make for erroneous assumptions.

The packets I was able to see made for a very confusing observation. I was at a loss to figure out how those various digipeaters were able to screw up handling the packet so bad.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 9:54 AM Justin Cherington <huntjlc@...> wrote:

Thanks for the write up! Very informative. I’m aware of the state specific digipeating but need to test it out to see if it’s in place here.

The paths that show me going to El Paso was intentional, I knew one of them was corrupting packets but didn’t know which. So I kept adding them over time until I found the culprit.

--
James
VE6SRV