Re: Getting APRSIS TO tx/rx on RF

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I'm glad we got it worked out.  I'm still surprised that the <Open/CloseCmd>s from the Kenwood APRS radios (lurking beneath the "KISS" port type) actually made your TNC function, but function it did!

According to the query I just did (?APRSH *), you've copied packets from 5 stations in the past 2 hours or so:

G3CWI-5(1) G6YRK-7 M0WIT-9(2) M1VIP-9(2) MB7UMC

G6YRK-7 and MB7UMC were copied direct and the other 3 were via digipeats.  Is G6YRK-7 your APRS HT?  If so, what was the magic to get it decoded and received?

On 1/25/2020 10:02 AM, g6yrk@... wrote:
Well what can I say, what a good job Lynn did last night sorting my problem out, plus I also learnt a lot about APRSIS that I did not know, and I have been using since it since about 2003
but we (Lynn) found the problem was down to the "Kiss" settings, I had it set to Simply (KISS) and my old system running on Win7 was Just "KISS" so changed it and hey presto it worked
and we were chatting on APRSIS untill about 02:30 in the morning trying to sort it

But Very Many thanks Lynn and putting up with some of my questions

Steve G6YRK  uk