Re: Getting APRSIS TO tx/rx on RF

Rob Giuliano

I am curious if you copied (or moved) your original XML to the new Windows 10 machine, or started over?
I am not familiar with teh Siskin Tiny2.   What type of interface is it: DB9, USB, or other?
   I saw one article on 9600 baud that mentioned "Phil Bridges G6DLJ of Siskin Electronics Ltd" but no mention of the product.

COM1 is typically a hardware port on most computers.  If it is a USB interface and you assigned the USB device to COM1, some computers hold that for the hardware interface (even if the motherboard doesn't have it).

On Thursday, January 23, 2020, 4:08:27 PM EST, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Open a terminal program and talk to the TNC directly over COM1.  Make sure APRSIS32 is NOT running when you do this as Windows doesn't share COMM ports between two programs.

You should see something in the terminal emulator when packets are received, even if the TNC is in KISS mode.

On 1/23/2020 2:55 PM, g6yrk@... wrote:
Hi
I have read a lot of posts on here but cannot find one that answers my question.
I have been using APRSIS for a long time on a Win7 machine with out any problems, and decided to upgrade to Win10, so I
downloaded and installed the program on the Win10 Pro machine and the program runs ok, I am receiving stations via the internet
but cannot receive or transmit via RF, I am using the same hardware as before but still no joy.
I am running a FT4700, with a Siskin Tiny2 on Com1
Not getting any error mesages, but just no RF, I have configured the rf port and enabled

Any help please

Steve