Re: Using Kantronics KPC3+ with APRSIS32

Lynn Deffenbaugh

When using a real TNC, there is no "correct COM port ... for PTT".  The serial port only controls protocol communication to the TNC.  The TNC's radio port handles the PTT with the radio directly, not from the computer.

On 1/20/2020 10:24 PM, Steve Schreiber via Groups.Io wrote:
I am trying to setup a Kantronics KPC3+ to use APRSIS32, but I am unable to get my radio to transmit. I have been using a soundcard interface to run APRSIS32 with no issues, but I would like to use my KPC3+ with a different radio setup. I have configured the port to use the correct COM port on my computer for PTT functionality, but the radio does not transmit. I searched the home page and found the following information: "Be careful of the squelched audio versus carrier detect setting (INTERNAL vs SOFTWARE on a KPC)". I am not sure where I need to go to verify this setting. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you for your time.

Steve KG5LAA