Re: TOT resetting too soon

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I hate to say it, but none of that seems to apply to APRSIS32?

7.64 is not a version number of APRSIS32.  Versions are date and time stamps.

Not sure what a "Kenwood rept" is, and Port one?  Kenwoods typically call them A and B, don't they?

"RF on the input"?  The input of what?  Unless "rept" is an abbreviation for Repeater?

APRSIS32 has a "Quiet Time", but not a "Time Out Timer"?  Is that what you meant?

But the Quiet Time only serves to reset the connection to a TNC in the event that no packets are received within the specified time.

And AFAIK, the Quiet Time does not have any bugs.  If reception times out, it waits the full timeout again before resetting the port.  Unless, of course, a packet is received on that port in the meantime.

Of course, it might be that this message was supposed to be directed to a Kenwood radio support group instead of APRSISCE?

On 1/20/2020 4:21 PM, ve7wat wrote:
We are running  ver 7.64 with a Kenwood rept on Port one ONLY.   Yesterday we encountered RF on the input that would not disappear.  the Time Out Timer (set for 300 sec) did its job and dropped the transmitter.
However even though the signal had not dropped the TOT was reset after about 10 sec (actually set for 15 sec & COS drop)and the transmitter was reactivated.  Any suggestions?

Fortunately we found the source of the RF and turned it off.

Geoff
VE7WAT/VE7HGD