Kenwood THD-7

Steve Bunting M0BPQ

Hi everyone,

I am looking to experiment with 9K6 APRS with a local friend of mine. As I have an unused Kenwood THD-7 this becomes the obvious choice for my (70cm) I-gate. (Im aware of its limitations - but this is a bit of no cost fun)

After reading old posts on the forum, it seems that "just" setting up a new KISS port in APRSIS32 should kick the radio into KISS mode (when it is in Packet mode not APRS mode). Is that still correct? If so I need to look more closely at the provided cables etc.

Any other tips on using the radio/TNC will be gratefully accepted.

73

Steve M0BPQ