Re: I want to operate aprs while listening to hf on another band is that possible?

Fred Hillhouse Jr (CruelShoes)

The FT857 will not operate in that manner. Many of the dual band radios will not either. The 857 is single receive/transmit. The typical dual band is dual receive/single transmit.
I tend to use older commercial radios for APRS but there are some good amateur radios. I have an FT1500 that works well.

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 5:36 PM K7OI-Mark <K7oi.us@...> wrote:
Hi
K7oi here
I use 857d yaesu with signalink USB and aprsisce32.
Is it possible to listen to other bands while using the 144.39 to xmit/rcv aprs packets?

Anyone experienced in doing this I've tried for some reason my packets get cut off or xmit fully on the other freq I'm listening to embarrassing.
I've tried such things as priority channel either way etc.
Ideas?
And yes a dedicated 2m or xband rig is being considered.