Re: Direwolf error message

Lynn Deffenbaugh

If you turn off the GridSquare in your Configure / Status... / Status Report box, this gridsquare will not be included.  It's not good practice to transmit a gridsquare in your status report if you're also beaconing a lat/lon in a position report.  I tried to confirm this via aprs.fi, but apparently VE7DH isn't getting to an IGate.

On 12/26/2019 8:57 PM, Roy Schulz wrote:
If you look in the attached file you will see a line in red that tells us that a grid square with the last 2 letters in lower case is not according to specification. I looked through the aprs program to see if I could adjust this but could not find anything, so suspect it is generated internally.

By the way, VE7DH is me, being received by one of my SDRs.

regards, Roy