Re: How to make a new PORT that listens to a soundcard?

Rob Giuliano

Remember, that if you intend to TX from APRSISce/32 through the AGW port, it will on TX on the KISS PORT ID 0 (zero).

So the best method would be:
D710/Signalink/AGW combo would be KISS port 0 (zero)
   AGW Properties (from task bar)
      Port1 TNC Type:  SoundCard - SoundCard Selection: USB SignaLink
      TNC RadioPort:  APRS Ports Kiss Id: 0
RTL/SD app/AGW combo on a different KISS port
   AGW Properties (from task bar) second device
      Port1 TNC Type:  SoundCard - SoundCard Selection: Virtual Audio Cable
      TNC RadioPort:  Satellites Ports Kiss Id: 1 (or your choice)

NOTE: TNC Radio port is the AX.25 port name which AGW dfefault is 145.650Mhz 1200baud
    I like to keep these simple, one word descritpions.
    In the example above, I changed them to APRS and Sattellite

On Tuesday, December 24, 2019, 3:44:30 PM EST, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 11:06 AM, Rob Giuliano wrote:

> You MUST keep the port numbers on the far right unique for each port.  AGW
> tends to asume a dual port TNC and starts with KISS ports IDs of 0 (zero) and
> 16.  When you create the second port, you must change the ports.

Yikes!

So far, I only select Single-Port when dealing with the D710.

from any program.

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL